BMW ConnectedDrive Features Showcased in i8 Commercial

The i8 will start deliveries later on this year, on a global scale. To make sure the title of ‘the world’s first production car fitted with laser lights’ won’t be stolen by Audi, BMW hurried up and delivered a couple of them to a few lucky customers earlier this month, sealing the deal. However, the rest of the world will have to wait a little longer.
BMW i8 Concierge Services 1 photo
Photo: Screenshot from Youtube
The US market is expected to be one of the biggest, not only for the hybrid sports car but for its EV brother too, the i3. Therefore, the BMW North America branch set out to do some interesting commercials that would point out every possible feature of the i8 that sets it apart from the crowd. Thankfully for them, there are a couple.

In their latest ad, the car’s ConnectedDrive system is showcased, pointing out just how easy it is to live with the i-car. Through this system, you can access Concierge services, look-up the nearest charging station, call the service itself to schedule a check-up in case the car needs it (while also sending all the relevant information as well so that the service knows what it needs beforehand) and a plethora of services and apps.

You can actually browse the web, lock and unlock your car, pre-heat it or cool it down if it has been laying in the sun all day, or even check its charging status at all times, via your smartphone. All of that and more can be done through the ConnectedDrive system and all those functions are showcased in the video below.

ConnectedDrive services come as standard on the i8, therefore they won’t further inflate the price you have to pay when getting one. However, the price seems to be the least of the problem for most BMW i8 customers.

So far, BMW sold all cars allocated for production in 2014. Surprisingly enough, 90 percent of them were ordered with the most expensive option possible, the Pure Impulse World that costs €19,000. On the other hand, the remaining 10 percent were ordered with Terra World, a less expensive option that also doesn’t include all the stock features for the Pure Impulse one but still, not the cheapest.

The cheapest option is the Giga World but, apparently, there hasn’t been too much interest in it, even though it comes fitted with plenty of kit, like 20” wheels, LED headlights with cornering lights, full perforated leather, Internet, Dynamic Damper Control, electric seats and so on.

If you liked the article, please follow us:  Google News icon Google News Youtube Instagram X (Twitter)

Would you like AUTOEVOLUTION to send you notifications?

You will only receive our top stories