Starting from an analysis of authentic data from the car, the aerodynamic effects, tire characteristics and behaviour of the chassis-suspension system and engine have been reproduced, as well as all elements of the transmission.
“Every aficionado will be able to record their own time online, taking part in an international tournament which will reward the highest ranking virtual drivers with Ferrari products every week. At the end of the tournament, following the regulation of the competitions, the 5 drivers ranked as fastest will win a trip to Maranello, the heart of Ferrari. They will pass through the gates of Fiorano and take part in the exclusive Ferrari Driver Academy course, personally aided by the exceptional tutors of the Racing Department,” a company statement reads.
The simulator can be purchased online from the following site at a price of EUR14.90 for the first release, the Fiorano Circuit, and EUR9.90 for the following releases with the Mugello and Nürburgring circuits.
Minimum compatibility requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 32/64-bit
- Processor: XP: 1.8 GHz or higher; Vista/Seven: 2.4 GHz or higher
- Memory: XP: 1 GB; Vista/Seven: 2 GB
- Video Card: GeForce 6800 GT* or higher / ATI 9800 PRO* or higher
- Space on disk: 1 GB
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
- Internet Connection: modem/ADSL
- Input: keyboard, mouse, joypad, joystick, steering wheel/pedals, configuration of multiple controllers with at least 2 analogue axes
- Compatible with: Nvidia 3D Vision; Track IR Enhanced; Matrox TripleHead2Go