2011 Chevrolet Volt with Extended Range Introduced
"The Chevrolet Volt can be the only car you own," said Mark Reuss, president, GM North America. "The Volt delivers it all: a revolutionary propulsion system, progressive styling, industry-leading safety, premium amenities and user-friendly technologies, and spirited driving dynamics."
The Volt is powered by a Voltec propulsion system, which combines pure electric drive (25 - 50 miles) with an efficient, range-extending engine, giving the Volt up to 350 total miles of range.
Key technologies include:
- Touch-control switch system on the center console
- High-resolution, seven-inch, full-color LCD reconfigurable Driver Information Center display. The display shows electric-only range, fuel economy, extended-range, trip information, tire pressure information and other key vehicle messages.
- High-resolution, seven-inch, full-color, center stack-mounted touch screen display that serves as the interface for infotainment and cabin climate controls. An Efficiency (Leaf) switch accesses energy usage, power flow and charging screens – all easy to use and understand.
- Charge modes are customizable according to need and electricity rates for efficient programming and lower costs.
- A key fob that allows drivers to remotely start the vehicle and precondition the cabin based on outside temperatures
- An exclusive mobile app, powered by OnStar MyLink, that enables owners to engage with the Volt functions using a smart phone.
The Chevrolet Volt is priced from $41,000, or $33,500 net of full federal income tax credit. The American manufacturer will lease the Volt for as low as $350 for 36 months and a down payment of only $2,500.