The designs may challenge any element of urban parking, like underground, exterior, interior, multi-layer, ground level, shape, colors, material, smell, sound, ramps, signage, limits, etc. Any creative concept is welcomed as long as it is original and has never featured before in other projects or design magazines.
The work however must include Nissan's Qashqai model or any part of it (wheels, mirrors, grills, wheel caps, etc.). The Qashqai model needn't has to be necessary a part of the design itself, but can also be featured somewhere in the background or in the final video or picture of your design.
The contest comes in a time of a critical need for a new urban parking vision. The prizes for the competition include 5,000 euro for first place, 3,000 euro for second place and 2,000 euro for third place.
The jury is comprised of:
- Shiro NAKAMURA : Senior Vice President & CCO (Chief Creative Officer), Design, Brand Management, Nissan Motor Co.,Ltd(
- Alfonso ALBAISA, Vice President, Nissan Design Europe
- Paul WILLCOX, Managing Director, Nissan Motor GB(
- Stephane COTTIN, Vice President Strategy and Marketing, Nissan International SA
- Jean-Paul MARI, Vice President Communications, Nissan International SA(
- Jean-Pierre DIERNAZ, General Manager Marketing Communications, Nissan Europe SAS(
- Alasdhair Macgregor Hastie - European Creative Director, TBWA G1
- Birgit Lohmann - editor in-chief designboom
Registration for the event started July 8 and will continue until September 27.