The new unit will make the F-150 the most powerful half-ton pick-up out there, thanks to the 411 hp and 434 ft.-lb. of torque it delivers. The new unit will be available for order starting December 1, with an MSRP of $41,995 including destination and delivery.
But if you think that's all, you are mistaking. Ford and the Ford Racing are already working on what they call the 2011 FR Raptor XT, "an off-road-only pre-runner" based on the one that finished the 2008 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 and on the aforementioned engine. Below you can find the specifications of this amazing beast.
- 500-hp (est.) 6.2-liter naturally aspirated engine
- six-speed automatic transmission
- electronically selectable 4x4; 4.56 gear sets; front and rear e-lockers
- A-arm with uni-ball front; four-link RR suspension
- 15-inch front/18-inch rear wheel travel
- coil-over with bypass shocks front and rear
- chromoly “4130” rollcage; extensive skid plating
- full featured interior, including power windows/windshield and air conditioning
- factory seating with five-point restraints
- off-road beadlock wheel/tires
- unique appearance package including tubular front and rear bumper and integral lighting
So, double the money, double the fun...Literally. The FR Raptor XT will only be built in a limited run of 50 units, it is not street legal and can only be used off-road. And the price, well, the price is set at $99,950.