BMW Announces System 6 EVO Helmet
The Bavarian manufacturer claims a new, stonger and even more scratch-resistant sun visor with a revised mechanism, now easier to use with gloved hands. The System 6 EVO is also offering improved chin ventilation and an upgraded spoiler for a smoother ride.
New colors have been intorduced, and the 6 Evo is now available in Brilliant White, White Silver Metallic, Jet Black Matt, White Silver Blue, Dark Grey White, Sapphire Black Metallic, Titanium Silver Metallic and Fluorescent Yellow Matt.
Here's the features of the System 6 EVO, as specced by BMW:
- Flip-front helmet with integral sun visor.
- Helmet shell glass-fibre reinforced plastic with reinforcing layers, 2 sizes.
- Impact-absorbing EPS inner shell.
- Chin guard with quadruple-joint mechanism.
- Double visor: Anti-fogging inner visor; outer visor with scratch-resistant coating on inside and outside.
- Helmet interior made of velour-look artificial leather and breathable DuPont Coolmax, removable and washable.
- Chin guard opened by means of central button.
- Chin-strap with snap buckle, neckbands to keep the helmet firmly in position on the rider's head.
- Effective head and visor ventilation options.
- Very good aerodynamics and aero-acoustics.
- Low weight: Approx. 1595 g (small helmet shell).
- ECE 22-05 homologation.
- Provision for installation of a communication system (intercom).
Rumored prices revolve around $645 - 693 (€492-528) for the flat and pattern schemes, respectively.
❐ Check out the BMW Announces System 6 EVO Helmet photo gallery