Also, technical features include radial Brembo calipers, hydraulic clutch, Ride by Wire with 3 different engine maps (Rain, Touring and Sport) and the Matrix instrument panel with on board computer.
In addition to that, the Dorsoduro is also available with ABS and Aprilia Traction Control (ATC), for total fun in total safety. When active, the system offers three different selectable traction control levels which adapt each of the bike's dynamic parameters to suit the personal needs and preferences of the rider:
With 130 hp at 8,700 rpm and a maximum torque of 83.0 lbs.-ft. (115 Nm) at 7,200 rpm, the V90 engine is paired with a new 2-into-1-into-2 exhaust system has been designed specifically for the bike that was made entirely from stainless steel.
Key features of the Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 are detailed below:
- New 90° V-twin engine with four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, liquid cooling and twin spark ignition;
- Triple map Ride by Wire technology (with Sport, Touring and Rain maps)
- Electronic fuel injection;
- Mixed gear/chain valve timing system;
- Exhaust system with three-way catalytic converter and oxygen sensor;
- Ultralight modular frame made from tubular steel trellis/aluminum castings offering outstanding torsional stiffness;
- Aluminum saddle mounting;
- Aluminum swingarm with lateral shock absorber;
- Fully adjustable 43 mm upside-down front fork and piggy-back design rear monoshock;
- Brembo racing brake system with radial calipers.