Nissan Unveils Updated LEAF in Japan, Gets Increased Range [Video]
Nissan Japan has also given their popular EV increased usability by increasing the number of dealers with charging stations from 400 to 700 across the island nation by the end of March.
The affordable S grade has been added for the new model year and joins the ongoing G and X grades.
Among several new enhancements for the new LEAF are:
• Available genuine leather seats
• BOSE® Energy Efficient Series sound system
• Around View Monitor which assists parking at roadsides
• Driving range of 228km at a full charge (JC08 mode)
• Enhanced regenerative braking performance
• A power-saving heating system.
• Sporty and stylish 17-inch aluminum wheels (standard on G)
• 16-inch aluminum wheels used in the current model are available as a factory-installed option (on X)
• 16-inch full-wheel covers (standard on S and X)
• LED headlights with auto-leveling using blue reflection LED lights (standard on G, factory-installed option on S and X)
• Front fog lights (standard on G, dealer-installed option on S and X)
• Seven available body colors, including three new colors: Dark Metal Gray, Brilliant White Pearl and White.
• Chic, elegant black interior
• Genuine leather seats available on G and X as a factory-installed option (Airy Gray color for previous model is available on G and X)
• Pop-up and down adjustable rear center seat headrest
• Increased luggage space from 330L to 370L, realized by moving a downsized onboard charger from the back of the car to the front
• Remaining battery capacity shown by percentage in the Multifunction Display
• Foot-operated parking brake.
❐ Check out the 2013 Nissan LEAF photo gallery