As with the majority of today’s vehicles, the second generation Toyota Prius’ dashboard can be opened up with some basic tools in order to gain access to the radio unit or the central console display if any of them breaks down.
So, if you’ve decided to do it yourself, the only thing you’ll need is a screwdriver and ratchet with socket and extender. So here is how to do it:
- Start with the central console’s lower trimming which you have to pry and take out
- Next, push the right venting trim up and remove it
- Move to the panel underneath the steering wheel, unscrew the bolts according to the video bellow and remove it wholly
- Now continue upwards and pop out the far left air vent trim
- Pop out the trimming above the steering wheel and the air vent trim from the right
- Remove the two screws that hold the center display and take it out
- Next, if needed, unscrew the two bolts above the radio unit so you can pop it out for repairs.