"Although the Dakar's first visit to Bolivia will principally focus on discovery, the competitors' technical and sporting performances will essentially be tested in Argentina and Chile, which will be explored in very different way compared to the rally's 5 previous editions in South America," Dakar officials said.
Racing through Bolivia won't be the only addition to the 2014 Dakar Rally, as next year's event will have longer special stages and more marathon stages.
The key dates of the 2014 Dakar are as follows:
- Opening of entries: May 5 2013
- Deadline for submitting motorcycle entries: July 7 2013
- Deadline for submitting entries: November 1 2013
- Loading of European vehicles: end of November
- Technical verifications in Rosario: January 2 to 4 2014
- Start ceremony: January 4
- DAKAR: January 5 to 18
- Rest day: January 11 in Salta (Argentina)