"TomTom continues to expand its offering of premier navigation services and features to a growing base of TomTom app for iPhone users," Tom Murray, vice president of market development for Tom Tom said according the Tech Radar.
"Among the many enhancements in the latest version of the app, TomTom's comprehensive traffic offering gives users dynamic, real-time information that helps them avoid traffic delays and find the fastest routes. It makes the TomTom app for iPhone even more useful in our daily lives."
By using the new service, iPhone owners will get traffic updates every three minutes. The service costs an additional £0.59 / £4.99 / £11.49 / £37.99 per day / month / quarter / year respectively and can be purchased by following this link.
The new features included in the app are:
- local Search powered by Google - countless number of points of interest
- pinch and zoom - a more detailed view of the navigation map
- new map update
- automatic day/night mode - calculates local sunrise and sunset times to automatically adjust the screen brightness
- music fading - music volume decreases during turn-by-turn instructions
- "Add to my TomTom" save locations from other iPhone apps and Web browsers