Based on the Track model, the production R-Spec features performance equipment such as track-tuned suspension, 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with performance summer tires, Brembo braking system, Torsen limited-slip differential and R-Spec badging.
However, the South-Korean manufacturer also reduced cost and weight by eliminating convenience equipment such as Bluetooth, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls.
This allows the Genesis Coupe R-Spec to be priced $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model, so it will leave customers some extra cash for the aftermarket performance upgrades. The model will be available in three exteriors colors, inspired from the racing world: Karussell White, Bathurst Black and Tsukuba Red. The R-Spec comes with manual transmission only.
Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec specifications include:
- 2.0-liter low-pressure turbocharged intercooled four-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering 210 hp, 30 mpg EPA highway rating and a top speed of 137 mph
- 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
- Electronic Stability Control with Traction control, ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Front, side, side curtain air bags
- Air conditioning
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
- AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 audio system with six speakers
- iPod/USB/Aux jack connectivity
- Projector beam headlamps