The model to be unveiled, “Arabic 01”, is the only pre-production P120 Combat edition Fighter in existence and will be raced for setting a world speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats between August 30 and September 6 in the 2009 BUB Speed Trials.
The 1966cc massive engine of the Arabic 01 incorporated into a lightweight aluminium frame develops 145 ft/lbs of torque and 160 rear wheel horsepower. Only 25 of Confederate’s hand-built Arabic motorcycles will be delivered to their owners starting November 30, two units a month.
Well, owning the first in a limited series and a potential record holder will not be cheap, that’s for sure. The estimated retail cost of the production model is $75,000, therefore this one-off Fighter Combat is expected to fetch much more. Meanwhile, until we’ll find out exactly for how much did the bike sell, let’s take a look to the rest of its features, provided by Confederate Motor:
- Dimensions: Wheel Base: 64 inches; Seat Height: 27 inches; Rake: 30 degrees; Trail: 4 inche; Weight: 460 lbs; Fuel: 4 gallons; Oil: 4.5 quarts
- Chassis: CM design triple load path 6061 aircraft grade aluminum monocoque backbone, bulkhead, fuselage side plate construction; oil/fuel in frame
- Transmission: CM design vertical close ratio 5 speed
- Suspension: Race tech; low/high speed compression and rebound adjustable
- Brakes: Brembo high output race derived 4 piston technology; radial pumps; carbon, ceramic, aluminum matrix lightweight discs
- Wheels: CM design carbon fiber; Front: 19” x 3” Rear: 18” x 8”
- Gauges: Precision integrated analogue meter; warning, speed, RPM