The boost in power was obtained by remapping the ECU. To spell it out, the Evo now boasts 329 horsepower, achieved also with the aid of a high performance exhaust and downpipe, an intercooler piping kit, racing suction pipe and upgraded CAT.
SST makes use of Mitsubishi's 6-speed TC-SST (Twin Clutch Sports Shift Transmission) automated manual gearbox with steering column-mounted magnesium paddle shifters. A switch located at the base of the gear selector allows the driver to choose between Normal, Sport and Super Sport modes for optimum shifts for about every type of driving situation you can think of.
As standard equipment, the Lancer Evolution FQ-330 SST comes with all the features listed below. Customers can choose between 4 body colors (Cool Silver, Orient Red, Lightning Blue and Phantom Black). The prices for the new Evo start at £35,999, £3,000 more than for the FQ-300 STT variant.
- Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC)
- 18 inch Enkei alloy wheels
- Brembo braking system, including 2-piece front brakes
- Eibach coil springs
- Bilstein shock absorbers
- HID xenon headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Recaro front seats
- Bluetooth hands-free system
- Leather sports steering wheel with audio controls
- Front, side, curtain and knee airbags
- Privacy glass
- Front fog lamps
- ISO Fix
- Automatic headlamp and wiper sensors
- Remote central locking
- CAT1 approved alarm/immobiliser
- CAT5 approved tracker system + 1 year free subscription
- HDD satellite navigation system
- Rockford premium audio & Music Server – 6 premium speakers + subwoofer
- iPod/MP3 auxiliary input port