The 2003 Toyota Camry has one of the simplest dashboards, which can be opened with the most basic tools.
So, if you want to take out the radio head unit, you’ll need a prying tool and a ratchet with extender. Here are the steps:
- Pry open the lower trimming panel holding the air conditioning controls. Start from its left side
- Take the air conditioning controls out
- Remove the screws found behind it that hold the upper radio part fixed
- Pull out the whole trimming section containing the air vents and radio unit
- Unplug the rear electrical connection
- Repair the head unit or replace it and put everything back together following these steps backwards.