Glock Confirms Virgin Stay for 2011

After recently revealing that he is 99.9 percent certain to continue his collaboration with Virgin Racing for the 2011 season of Formula One, German driver Timo Glock added the remaining 0.1 percent earlier today. During a team interview which was made public to the media on Friday, the former GP2 champion confirmed his stay at the new Marussia Virgin Racing team, admitting his excitement for the season to come.

Yes, I am definitely driving for Virgin,” said Glock. “It is not just 99.9pc certain that I will stay, as has been reported -- it is 100pc certain that I am staying. Since the beginning I have had a long-term contract with the team and I said then that I was doing this to help build a team for the future.”

Of course, the team is yet to certify that through a media release or an official statement but, judging by the reactions coming from the team management through the last few months, a deal for 2011 is imminent, as everyone seems to want Glock to remain a Virgin driver in 2011.

Glock also addressed the constant rumors in recent weeks, regarding his potential switch from Virgin to Renault or some other team with vacancies left for next season.

There has been a lot of speculation about me wanting to leave, but it is not about leaving a team, it is about wanting to do better and keep moving forward. This is a great team of people who have given blood, sweat and tears to our first season. Some people haven't seen that with their own eyes, like I have, so it's easy to criticize or be cynical,” he added, while also confirming that his team should announce the full drivers lineup for 2011 by Christmas.
If you liked the article, please follow us:  Google News icon Google News Youtube Instagram

Would you like AUTOEVOLUTION to send you notifications?

You will only receive our top stories