New Roush Supercharger for Mustang GT
Roush announced this week the availability of a new supercharger created for Mustang, one which, according to the official figures, will push the pony to the dreamland of performance figures. Roush says the supercharger kit, officially dubbed Calibrated Roush 2011 Mustang Supercharger, is just what your Mustang needs to reach an impressive 525 (with a little “+” attached) horsepower and 465 ft-lbs of torque.
The supercharger has been designed for the Ford Mustangs manufactured for model year 2011 and 2012 and wearing the GT badge (that means a 5.0l engine). It is only useable with manual transmission versions and if you live in California for instance, we'll never find it for sale, because the CARB E.O certification is still pending.
The price tag fitted by Roush onto the supercharger is $6,099. Additional details can be found by following this link.
Below is a short list of the features built into or coming with the new unit:
- Eaton TVS Technology
- heavy duty 1st sheave FEAD system
- Twin Vortices Series features four-lobe rotors and high-flow inlet and outlet ports, enhancing thermal efficiency and resulting in greater volumetric capacity at higher RPM
- twin 60mm throttle body
- larger intercooler, low temp radiator, and degas bottle
- low restriction Roush air induction system
- Roush PCM calibration
- backed by Roush's 3 year / 36,000 mile limited parts warranty.