Earlier today, a short release by the Scuderia assured Massa's fans that his condition continues to be stable, after spending the night sedated and on a respirator.
"Felipe Massa's condition remains stable and there were no further complications through the night. He will be given another CT scan today, which will provide more precise information," said the statement from the Maranello based team earlier this morning.
The incident at the Hungaroring has raised new safety issues in Formula One, and the series' supremo Bernie Ecclestone expressed his frustration over the events on Saturday. Talking to the media after being briefed on Massa's condition, the 78-year old Brit insisted F1 will take immediate actions in terms of drivers' safety.
"This is not nice. I thought we had seen an end to all this sort of thing. It's mad. This is just a few days after one death and it is very disturbing. Professor Sid Watkins deals with this and I have spoken to him this evening. He is going to get on to it straight away," said Ecclestone.
Rumors suggesting Michael Schumacher might step into the F60's cockpit to take Massa's place in the Hungarian Grand Prix were quickly dismisses by the German's long-time manager Willi Weber.
"I heard that on Saturday evening. That's only speculation and I don't see it happening. Ferrari already has two very good spare drivers who actually do little else than wait for an opportunity to go into the cockpit if one becomes free," said Weber.
Apart from Ferrari's test/reserve drivers Marc Gene and Luca Badoer, Sebastien Bourdais might also become a choice for the Scuderia, as the Frenchman is being managed by the same man who runs Massa's destiny in Formula One, Nicolas Todt.