You’ve probably noticed that today’s car dashboards are quite easy to pull apart and change lightbulbs or radio head units yourself. However, the 2003 Toyota Yaris has to be the easiest one to disassemble in order to change or repair your radio, as you will see.
All you need is a screwdriver and replacement gear if you thought about doing it. Here’s how you do it:
- Pull out all the knobs from the heating unit
- Grab the plastic trim the upper plastic trimming that houses the airvents and air conditioning controls and just pull it towards you
- You can also pop out the white mounting piece behind the one you just took off in order to gain more accessibility
- Now, grab the stereo’s facia and pull it out, just like you did with the air con trimming
- Unscrew any bolts keeping the unit in place and then you can simply take it out
- If you have a replacement unit, use the metallic hinges from the standard radio to mount it.