Although the date for the hearing was January 26, 2009 as we announced in a previous news, it looks like the judge was anxious to finish with the blonde diva incident earlier.
According to Reuters, the guilty actress accepted the sentence with dignity as she pleaded no contest to reduce the charge of reckless driving.
Most of you probably remember that somewhere in September last year, the 47-year-old actress Heather Locklear was accused of having driven under the influence of prescription medication and consequently, arrested.
As Santa Barbara Assistant District Attorney Lee Carter said, Amanda from “Melrose Place” was sentenced to three years informal probation and a maximum ticket of $900. As if this wasn't humiliating enough for the diva, she must aldo attend a driver education program.
However, Locklear didn't bother to show up in court in Santa Barbara, Carter said. Her lawyer was the one who entered the plea for her on Friday. For outsiders, according to California law, “no contest” is the equivalent of a guilty plea.
We're pretty sure her dilated pupils weren't something you could easily forget, but since we are speaking about her DUI incident, it is worth remembering she was undertaking tranquilizing medicines as a treatment for anxiety and depression.
Moreover, tests showed no sign of alcohol or drugs in her blood, but her style of driving was still completely disastrous.
Ok, the gossip voices might be overreacting in her case but she should have known from the very beginning she was not in her best conditions.