“Currently, there is a 3 year internship programme for students from the Tsinghua University of Shanghai, China, and the Prancing Horse recently launched a contest amongst 50 of the most prestigious international schools to design the Ferrari Hypercar of the Future. We are proud to continue this philosophy through the Ferrari North Europe Apprentice Programme,” stated Matteo Torre, Regional Manager Ferrari North Europe.
The programme is open to all school leavers aged 16 or over, and includes in-house and in-dealer training for 3 years, with 24 weeks of specific training at Ferrari North Europe’s head office during the programme.
Ferrari North Europe’s investment in the Apprentice programme consists of:
- a commitment from all 12 Official Ferrari Dealers in the UK to each take on at least one apprentice for the duration of the 3-year Apprentice Programme.
- two new purposely-designed classrooms (92 sq m) with 10 computer terminals for online assessments and for computer-based learning to be installed at Ferrari North Europe Ltd’s head office in Slough, in addition to the two classrooms currently available for technical training for dealer staff.
- a dedicated and fully-equipped workshop of 324 sq m with three vehicle ramps and over £20,000 of tools and equipment for Apprentices to receive hands-on training for servicing and maintaining Ferrari cars.
- a Ferrari Technical Training Instructor dedicated to providing courses and tuition for the Ferrari North Europe Apprentice Programme.
- a number of vehicles and service parts for hands-on technical training and diagnostics tuition, including some of the most highly innovative products from the Ferrari range.