Specifically, Air Protect compresses and shields children from side impact intrusion and immediately reduces crash forces on the children's heads. This is achieved by extending ride-down, the amount of time it takes to slow a child's movement in a crash, creating a softer landing.
"The development of Air Protect is a recent example of our unwavering commitment to safety innovation," said Dorel Juvenile Group President and CEO, Dave Taylor. "We are proud to roll out this industry-leading technology in a variety of car seats, making it available to all parents riding with children."
The complete line of Air Protect car seats includes:
- onBoard 35 Air Infant Car Seat: This seat brings superior protection to infants from a tiny four to a full 35 pounds. Plus, with 17 percent more leg room than the majority of infant car seats, parents enjoy extended use.
- Complete Air 65 Convertible Car Seat: The Complete Air 65 keeps children well protected through two separate stages: from 5-40 pounds as a rear-facing infant car seat and from 22-65 pounds as a forward-facing toddler car seat. The QuickFit Harness System adjusts harness height in one easy step without uninstalling from the car.
- onSide air Convertible Car Seat: With the onSide air, the ultimate in child safety is also affordable. Children can ride rear-facing up to 40 pounds, keeping them as safe as possible. The onSide air also features four harness heights and three buckle locations.
- Rumi Air and Essential Air Harnessed Booster Car Seat: It uses an internal truss system to absorb the forces in the event of a motor vehicle accident. Rumi Air and Essential Air can be used with a harness for children 22 to 65 pounds and then convert to a belt-positioning booster for children 40 to 100 pounds. Plus, the twelve-position headrest adjusts with one hand to cover a child during every stage of growth.
- Boost Air Protect Booster Car Seat: As a belt-positioning booster, the Boost Air Protect accommodates children from 30 to 100 pounds. It also converts to backless booster.