Spyshots: New Mercedes C-Class Loses Some Camo
The new compact executive sedan makes a very clear departure from its outgoing version, with fewer angular shapes. The front end features a new grille design with only two horizontal bars holding the star. The protruding fins of the lower bumper would lead us to believe this is actually the Sport package which mimics the AMG model.
Rumors suggest the model codenamed W205 will make its official debut in Detroit next Janaury, exactly a year after the E-Class facelift. For he first time, the C-Class range will also include a convertible, alongside a new coupe and wagon.
Engine options remain a secret, but we believe the petrol models will be as follows:
• C180 with a 154 HP (113 kW) 1.6-liter turbo
• C200 with a 184 HP (135 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
• C250 with a 211 HP (155 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
• C300 with a 252 HP (185 kW) 2.0-liter turbo
• C400 with a 333 HP (245 kW) 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6
• C63 AMG with a 462 HP (340 kW) 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8
❐ Check out the 2015 Mercedes Benz C-Class photo gallery