The watercraft has its energy supply drawn from three main sources: the sun, the wind, and the waves, which means it reduces its need in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions drastically.
According to its creators, a chartered Ocean Empire LSV is capable of producing energy to make up to 12,000 nautical miles of Carbon Neutral Chartered voyages every year.
“The Ocean Empire LSV leads the way in freeing the Superyacht community from its strict dependence on unsustainable resources by being the first to harness the renewable collective resources ever present in the Earths Biosphere,” said Richard Sauter, head of design.
The currently available technology in the Ocean Empire LSV:
• Daimler Turbo Compound DD16 Electric Power Generation
• SkySail automated 80sq.meter 200kw traction kite
• SunPower Solar Cells. 400sq. meter rated at 70kw
• GM Allison Electronic Controls. Kinetic Energy Regeneration (KER)
• Maurer Sohnes ATMD. Motion Damping Regeneration. (MDR) 50kw
• Voith Advanced Propulsion surface drives
• Carbon Composite Hi-Efficiency Wave Piercing displacement hulls
• Advanced aerodynamic radar canopy with PV wing spoilers
• Energy efficient equipment. AC & refrigeration with Waste Heat Recovery
• Plug-in computerized Energy management, maintenance & Guidance systems
• GM Allison ESS2 Battery Storage UPS rated at 2,000kwh