Since it was officially launched, Skoda delivered more than 20,000 units of the second-generation Superb, with sales going fairly well in most markets in Europe.
Skoda Superb is being offered in Europe in a choice of five different engine configurations, ranging between 1.4- and 2.0-liter and developing a maximum power of 170 hp. The top 2.0-liter engine helps the car accelerate from a standstill to 100 km/h in 8.8 seconds, with maximum speed rated at 137.9 mph (222 km/h).
Here is a list of the most important awards gained by the second-generation Skoda Superb in European countries:
- Auto Motor a Sport – Best Cars – winner of the upper medium class
- Motoring Journalists Club – Technological Innovation of the Year awarded for the Twindoor system
- Motoring Journalists Club – finished 4th in MJC’s Car of the Year poll
- Bild am Sonntag – Golden Steering Wheel 2008 (medium class)
- Auto Motor und Sport – Best Cars – winner of the category “Upper Medium Class Imports”
- Auto Zeitung – Auto Throphy 2008 (category “Upper Medium Class Imports”)
Austria: ARBÖ – Großen Österreichischen Automobil-Preis – Medium Category
Russia: Golden Horn 2008
Croatia: The Best Company Car
Poland: The Most Beautiful Car Exhibited
Autobest Jury Award: Technobest 2009 awarded for the Twindoor system
Belgium: VAB Family Car of the Year