The Romanian will succeed Jacqui A. Dedo, Automotive Vice President at Dana Holding Corporation, and will "take responsibility for providing leadership and continuity for the Society's automotive initiative and for integrating the needs of the automotive industry in SAE International's standards, events and educational programs."
More than 121,000 engineers and related technical experts in the automotive, aerospace and commercial-vehicle industries are a part of SAE International that also comprises a charitable arm which supports many programs, including A World in Motion and the Collegiate Design Series.
According to a statement made by SAE International, the Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer will serve a two-year term and the Vice President-Automotive and Directors will serve a three-year term.
Those elected as officers include:
- Vice President-Automotive – Mircea Gradu, Chrysler Group, LLC
- Treasurer – Carol A. Story, retired, Navistar, Inc.
- Asst. Treasurer – Ronald G. Rath, Marx Consulting Group, LLC
Those elected as Directors include:
- Bernard J. Challen – Shoreham Services
- Wendy Clark – National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S. Department of Energy)
- Victor Mucino – West Virginia University
- Robert C. Sump – Nissan Technical Center N. A.
- Mark P. Zachos – Dearborn Group Technology, Inc.
The full list of directors, as well as SAE’s vision for 2020 can be found in the document attached below.