The Ghost will feature a new 6.6l turbocharged V12 engine, developing 570 hp and paired with an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The Ghost accelerates from naught to sixty in 4.7 seconds, and tops at 155 mph (250 km/h).
“Rolls-Royce power is entirely different to anything else in the automotive world. It is delivered free from stress and exertion but at the same time must engage the driver. Ghost is about fingertip control while still enjoying a dynamic connection with the road. Equally passengers need to be cosseted from the physical sensations of acceleration, braking and cornering. Our chassis set up keeps Ghost stable and flat, preventing it from wallowing or pitching in the corners or imposing undesirable forces on those inside.” Helmut Riedl, Rolls Royce director of Engineering said in a release.
Below are the technical specifications of the Ghost, as released by Rolls Royce. The manufacturer promises to detail them further later this year.
- No. of doors/seats: 4/5
- Vehicle length: 5399 mm / 212.6 inches
- Vehicle width 1948 mm / 76.7 inches
- Vehicle height: 1550 mm / 61 inches
- Wheelbase: 3295 mm / 129.7 inches
- Engine: new 6.6l turbocharged V12: 563 bhp / 420 kW / 570 PS at 5250 rpm
- Gearbox: 8-speed ZF
- Max torque at engine speed: 780 Nm / 575 lb ft at 1500 rpm
- Top speed: 155 mph / 250 km/h, electronically governed: 0-60 mph 4.7 seconds; 0-100 km/h 4.9 seconds
Rolls Royce Ghost will become available in late 2009, with the exception of the US and the Asia-Pacific region, where deliveries will begin in the second quarter of 2010. For the UK, the Ghost is priced at £165,000, while Europeans will purchase the Ghost for 213,000 euro. In North America, the Ghost will have a starting price of $245,000, while the rest of the world will have to pay an extra $5,000: $250,000.