The Memorandum of Understanding signed by the two parts also initiate a study following the future areas:
1. Development of charging infrastructure in hotels affiliated with the All Japan Ryokan Association.
- Deployment of EV charging stations in member hotels for use by guests during their stay.
- Creation of travel packages and accommodation plans such as "eco", Zero-emission tours with the EV.
- Generate new demand, raise awareness and increase sales promotion opportunities by conducting tours or test drive events in which customers can experience EV.
- Information delivery service on charging stations and hotels nationwide.(Provide new services in cooperation with map information providers and operators of hotel reservation websites.
- Study measures to promote EV's excellent environmental performance and to improve attractiveness of EV for hotel guests and tourists.
"By installing charging facilities in about 18,000 hotels all over Japan from Hokkaido to Okinawa, we will be able to greatly contribute to tourists." said Nobuyuki Sato, President, All Japan Ryokan Association. "It is important for them to be able to charge EV during their stay so that they can continue their travel with EV. It will appeal to them by giving a sense of assurance and confidence. With this partnership with Nissan which our business partner, DIO Japan*, introduced us, we want to demonstrate that hotels in Japan, greatly contribute to a low-carbon society."
Toshiyuki Shiga, Nissan Chief Operating Officer said, "All Japan Ryokan Association's efforts will extend EV's driving range and expand the possibility of its usage. It will also lead to better understanding of EV's eco-friendliness, superb driving performance and appeal.."