ForTUNATELY, British aftermarket specialist Pug1off has recently announced an upgrade for the vehicle, one that should allow it to have no fear of 21st century hot hatches.
It all stars under the hood, where the tuner fits a 1998cc, DOHC, 16-valve powerplant from the 1990’s 306 GTI-6 / Rallye. This delivers 170 hp, offering the vehicle a power to weight ratio of 190 hp per ton. The engine is offered with a new clutch, cambelt and water pump, comes with a 12 month / 10,000 road mile (16,000 km) warranty and can be your for £2,200.
In addition to that, Pug1off also offers other tech upgrades for the car:
- Stage 2 ‘195’ Power Upgrade, including high lift / long duration camshafts, tubular exhaust manifold, modified inlet housing and ECU remap (with 7800 rpm rev limit.) Priced at £1595.00 (with conversion) or £1940.00 if supplied and fitted separately.
- 2.5 inch diameter stainless steel exhaust system £420.00
- Group N engine mounts £156.00
- Alloy bottom engine pulley £72.00
- Lightweight billet steel flywheel £309.60
- BE3/6 6-speed gearbox conversion from the Peugeot 306 GTI-6 / Rallye, including Quaife ATB limited slip differential and 4.8:1 final drive, uprated rose jointed gear linkages and shortshifter £2190.00
- 83mm front brake upgrade (247mm originally) with larger Peugeot 206 GTI 180 / 307 Sport front calipers, Tar-Ox grooved discs, Ferodo DS (2500 or 3000) pads and Castrol SRF brake fluid, braided brake lines £725.00
Bilstein Group N gas dampers, Eibach front lowering springs, Group N strut rubbers, negative camber front arms, negative camber rear arms, rebuilt solid mounted rear axle, uprated torsion bars, uprated anti-roll bars and full suspension geometry set up, offered for £2750.
You can also have Motorsport seats, harnesses and roll cages and the company will also handle your bodywork restoration if you want it to.