"The changes we are taking today will further sharpen our management focus," said Nissan President and CEO Carlos Ghosn. "These appointments also reflect our commitment to deliver innovative, technology-driven, affordable solutions, including zero-emission mobility."
Executive Committee Members
- Andy Palmer, Senior Vice President, will now be responsible for Corporate Planning and the Battery Business in addition to his current responsibilities.
- Joseph Peter, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer will now be responsible for Control, Budget and Accounting in addition to his current responsibilities.
Corporate Vice Presidents (Three managers will be newly appointed as corporate vice presidents and become corporate officers):
- Hiroshi Karube, General Manager, Japan / Asia Business Management, is appointed Corporate Vice President, and will be responsible for Global Control, Budget and Accounting.
- Toshiaki Otani, Vice President, Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd. And Managing Director, Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle Company, is appointed Corporate Vice President, Battery Business.
- Hideaki Watanabe, General Manager, Global Zero Emission Business Unit, is appointed Corporate Vice President, Global Zero Emission Vehicle Business Unit.
Officers retiring or leaving Nissan(Four corporate officers will retire or leave the company effective March 31, 2010:
- Toshio Aoki, Corporate Vice President, will retire.
- Emmanuel Delay, Corporate Vice President, is appointed Senior Vice President, Nissan Europe.
- Shinya Hannya, Corporate Vice President, will be proposed as a managing executive officer of VANTEC Corporation.
- Akira Kaetsu, Corporate Vice President, is appointed President, Yokohama Marinos Ltd. effective February 1, 2010.
Appointment to DFL
- Fumiaki Matsumoto, Vice President, Manufacturing, Nissan Spain Industrial Operations, is appointed Vice President, Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd. And Managing Director, Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle Company.
All changes will take effect on April 1.