However, building a name on a market that is most oriented towards the renowned Italian and Japanese brands, will be quite a challenge for the Czech manufacturer.
The bikes are both fitted with standard braided brake hoses, quick-release pannier holders and a detachable number plate hanger, MCN reported. Destined for the younger riders or beginners, the new bikes are powered by a 4-stroke air-cooled 125cc single, which reportedly develops 13.6 horsepower.
Taking the road version first, the Blata Motard 125 is a supermoto-style motorcycle with Marzocchi upside-down forks, a Sachs rear shock and AJP radial brakes.
Basic features of the new 125cc Blata motorcycles:
- Engine: 4-stroke, air-cooled 125cc single cylinder, 6 gears, chain drive.
- Power: 13.6HP (claimed)
- Torque: 10.6Nm (7.8 ft.lb)
- Chassis: welded steel tubular frame
- Suspension: 40mm Marzocchi forks and Sachs rear shock
- Wheelbase: 1345/1365
- Claimed weight: 118kg/122kg
- Brakes: 280mm disc with radial four piston calipers. Rear: 220mm disc.
- Fuel capacity: 10.5-liter