"The gain in sales for many of our models validates the tactics and programs we have implemented,” said Shinichi Kurihara, president and CEO of Mitsubishi Motors North America. "While February's severe weather affected showroom traffic in some of our key sales regions, we feel we have maintained a positive momentum."
Sales for the past three months (December through February) increased by more than 9 percent as compared to the previous three-month period (September through November).
"We intend to build upon this success to enjoy an improved sales increase next month," Kurihara added.
February highlights included:
- This was the largest single month for Lancer Sportback sales since last October 2009
- This was the second best month for Lancer sales since August 2009.
- Outlander sales exceeded January by 18%
- Eclipse almost doubled the unit volume from January
- Galant sales improved by 42% over February 2009
- Endeavor sales were up 162% compared to February 2009
Though the recession is believed to be gone, not all car manufacturers are seeing sales increase. Mitsubishi Motors North America is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States, so no one is to blame but the company for the weak sales in February.