The MercedesSport portfolio features specially designed light-alloy wheels, a sports suspension and mounted aerodynamic and styling components.
According to Daimler, the highlights in the MercedesSport product range include:
- Intelligently designed front aprons, spoiler edges and side skirts ensure an elegant and sporty appearance. Unlike conventional products on the market, the sophisticated "add-on principle" makes it unnecessary to replace the original components.
- Optional rear and roof spoilers, a diffuser-look rear apron insert and fog lamp louvres round off this finely coordinated package of visual and aerodynamic features for the exterior.
- Striking eighteen-inch light-alloy wheels in a trendy bicolor version. These have sections painted in high-sheen black and bear the MercedesSport logo. They are enhanced and protected by a clear varnish coat.
- A sporty suspension, with noticeably stiffer damping, transverse stabilisers and shorter springs to lower the suspension by up to 15 millimetres. This sports suspension kit makes for more direct and sporty handling without compromising the high level of comfort.
- A sports braking system with perforated brake discs and grey brake calipers bearing the Mercedes-Benz logo, for outstanding deceleration and a sporty look.
- A grippy four-spoke sports steering wheel with perforated leather and a silver contrasting seam, optionally available with shift paddles and heating. For a sporty touch in the cockpit, right at your fingertips.
- A stainless steel pedal cluster, stainless steel door entry panels illuminated in white and bearing the MercedesSport logo and black velours floor mats with an edge border and silver contrasting seam, likewise bearing the MercedesSport logo, are further eyecatching features in the interior.
MercedesSport will initially be available for the entire E-Klasse family (Saloon, Estate, Coupé, Cabriolet), with other model series to follow.
autoevolution will be attending the 2010 Geneva Auto Show, so stay tuned for some real up close and personal shots of the vehicles, as well as for first-hand details of the motorized contraptions presented at the event.