If you happened to smash your 2001 Toyota Corolla side rearview mirror against something and the only thing damaged is the glass itself, you can replace just that part without the need to buy the whole mirror assembly.
The process doesn’t require any tools at all, just a spare mirror glass. Here are the steps:
- Rotate the mirror glass towards the car
- Stick your fingers into the opening created and force it out. It should just snap off and come out
- Remove the rear adapter from the broken or new glass - the disc-shaped part with the mounting pins
- Fix the adapter in its socket inside the mirror case according to the video
- Place the new glass on the adaptor by matching the pins at one end and then snapping it in at the other end.