If one of the electric features on your Toyota Corolla is not functional anymore, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s broken - a fuse might have gone bust, causing the problem.
If you are lucky and that is the cause, the solution is simple and all you need to do is to check the fuse and replace it if it’s burned. You will need a pair of pincers, but that should normally be found in the fusebox. Here’s how to do it:
- Open up the hood and locate the fuse box
- Take the fuse box’ cover off and search for the fuse corresponding to your device that is not working. It should be written on the cover, or you can refer to the user’s manual
- Use the pinchers and take it out
- Verify if the small wire inside the fuse is broken
- If it is broken, you need to change the fuse with a new one
- Replace the fuse and verify if the device is now working. If it’s still not working then it’s busted.