Replacing the shock absorbers on your Toyota Pickup is not really like a walk in the park and you need to have some basic mechanic skills.
Also, you will need a complete toolbox and a car elevator, if you don’t want to struggle with a simple carjack. The video bellow shows best how the operation is done, but here are some basic steps to follow:
- Loosen the wheel's bolts but don’t remove them
- Jack up / lift the car and remove the wheel
- Spray some penetrating oil on the head and lower bolts of the shock absorber so you can unscrew them easier
- Start with the top and unscrew the top nut
- Next, remove the lower bolts
- Take out the shock absorber and insert the new one in
- Find a way to compress it and put the bolts back in.