All the central console features on your 2001 Toyota Corolla are lit by some backlights to aid you see them more easily at night so you can concentrate on driving and not blindly search for a knob or button.
Being simple lightbulbs, they will eventually wear out and stop working so you’ll have to replace them. A quite easy operation if you know how to do it. You’ll need a Phillips screwdriver and replacement bulbs
- Pull out all the air conditioning switches and the ashtray
- Remove the two screws found behind the AC knobs you’ve pulled out
- Stick your hand in the ashtray hole and pull the whole plastic trim out
- Don’t forget to unplug the wires sticked in it
- Pull out the busted lightbulbs and stick the new ones in
- Check if they work and place everything back.