Finally decided to remove the stock radio from your 2007 Toyota Auris and replace it with something cooler? Good, here’s how to do it.
Tools required: flathead screwdriver, 10mm socket ratchet with and extender and a nosy toddler to make it a bit harder.
- First, use the flat screwdriver to pry open the vertical plastic trimming on both sides of the central console to gain access to the bolts that keep the stereo unit in place
- Use the 10mm socket and unscrew the 2 bolts on each side. Be extra careful not to drop them in the black abyss bellow and make your life harder
- Slide the airvent panel forward and remove it
- Now you have freed the stereo section and you can remove it
- Adapt the metal straps and trimming bits to the aftermarket stereo you got
- Mount it back using the steps backward
- Give a high-five to the toddler that gave you a “helping hand”.