Upgrading your audio system, repairing the window mechanism or just replacing it, the door panel of a 2005 Toyota Tundra can be removed with just some basic tools and minimum experience.
All you need is a Phillips screwdriver, a flat one too and a prying tool. Here are the steps:
- Pry open the triangular trimming at the top, near the mirror
- Use the prying tool again to remove the trim containing buttons on the armrest, as well as a plastic cap just under the armrest
- Remove the screw from the hole you uncovered
- There are a few other caps like that on the sides of the door panel so you need to pop them out too and remove the screws
- Move to the door handle and using a flathead screwdriver open another cap that is located just in the middle of the door handle’s trim piece
- Remove the screw and pry the trim to take it out
- Start prying the door panel from its bottom
- After its loose, disconnect the light wires at the bottom and pull the whole panel upwards to remove it.