Most vehicles today have simple plastic dashboards, specially designed to be opened quickly with some basic tools.
And the Mk6 Toyota Hilux makes no exception. All you need to open the central console is a Phillips screwdriver. Here’s how to do it:
- Pull out the three climate control knobs
- Remove the screw located behind the middle knob
- Grab the whole trim panel and pull it out
- Be careful with the electric connections attached to it, not to damage them when you pull the front section out
- Remove the right connection by pushing on the plug’s little lever and then pull it out
- The other connection on the left is more trickier to unplug so it’s best to use the screwdriver and remove the three screws holding it attached to the trimming panel.