If you need to pull more and more on your Toyota Corolla handbrake in order to remain stationary, it means that the cable has gone loose.
Tightening and adjusting the handbrake cable is pretty simple and can be done using minimal tools, like a Phillips screwdriver, 10mm wrench and 10mm socket ratchet. Here are the steps:
- Remove the two screws on the sides of the central console part surrounding the handbrake lever
- Remove the screws inside the central armrest storage
- Take out the whole central console part and don’t forget to unplug the cables attached to it
- Locate the handbrake adjustment nuts according to the video
- Use the wrench and ratchet to open the locking nut
- Tighten the adjustment nut and test the lever to click five times when you pull it up
- Tighten the locking nut back and put everything back together.