The theme of this year’s Festival is ‘True Grit Epic Feats of Endurance,’ for celebrating the drive and determination of motor racing’s legends, "who overcame huge physical, mental and mechanical barriers in their quest for glory," the press release said.
The list of competition drivers and riders due to appear at this year’s Festival of Speed features current F1 stars, like Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, several big names in WRC, World Superbikes, NASCAR and many other motor sport categories, including Mark Webber, Allan McNish and David Coulthard.
Also to attend the event arre Stirling Moss and Jackie Stewart, as well as legends such as Jacky Ickx, Damon Hill, Rusty Wallace and Hannu Mikkola.
So, just to make sure you have no doubts in taking your father to this years Festival of Speed, let us highlight you some of the main attractions of the event.
- Racing cars, from early Edwardian racing pioneers, through to current F1 cars, not forgetting legendary Le Mans endurance racers, throaty CanAm cars, current Supercars and a wealth of motorcycles
- World rallying heroes going sideways on the Goodwood Forest Rally Stage
- A ‘central display’ featuring 100 years of Audi
- Cartier ‘Style et Luxe’ automotive design competition, including a dedicated class of special Bugattis, Rolls-Royce, Minis and custom chopper bikes.
-An air display featuring the Euro Fighter
- The FoS-TECH technology pavilion, with plenty of exciting new concept cars, many making their world debut
So, everybody grab your dad (and your dad’s dad) and surprise them with a visit to the festival. It seems to be quite a gift for Father’s Day.