"It’s become extremely clear to me since taking this role that there is a better way to structure this organization,” Mark Reuss, GM North America president motivates his decision to do some chances here and there.
“The premise of the structure is simple -- a clearer marketing focus to sell more vehicles, and freeing our sales and service experts to focus on customers and dealers."
“In order to be successful in North America, we need the right mix of product, people and structure. We’ve worked with a small group of executives to align this model and appoint the best candidates for each job.”
As of today, GM's North American management looks as follows:
- Susan Docherty, appointed vice president, US marketing
- Alan Batey, vice president, sales and service, Chevrolet
- Brian Sweeney stays Buick-GMC US sales and service vice president
- Kurt McNeil, appointed US sales and service vice president, Cadillac
- Jim Bunnell, general director, network support
- Brian Small, general manager fleet & commercial
- Chris Preuss, vice president and president, OnStar
- Kevin Williams, president and managing director, GM Canada
- Steve Hill, general manager, GM customer care and aftersales
"This is my team. Leaders with exceptional talent from around the world, combined with strategic thinking from outside. They are the right team for GM North America now, hand-picked and put in place to win,” Reuss concluded.