“The new 2009 Ford F-150, which already delivers unmatched capability and unsurpassed fuel economy, is now quickly piling up awards and honors from many of the auto industry’s top organizations and publications,” Ford said in a statement released to the press.
“In the past five years, the “core trucker” – those who use their truck’s towing and hauling capability for work and leisure – has grown to 40 percent from 30 percent of the light-duty full size pickup market. And Ford dominates this expanding sub segment,” it added.
Here is the complete list of awards and nominations of Ford's revised F-150 pickup truck:
- Finalist 2009 North American Truck of the Year (with 2009 Ford Flex for Car of the Year)
- Detroit News Truck of the Year
- Motor Trend 2009 Truck of the Year Award
- 2009 Best Redesigned Vehicle from Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com
- Top honors as “Truck of Texas” as well as “Best Luxury Pickup” for the 2009 F-150 King Ranch from Texas Auto Writers Association
- “Best Overall Half-Ton Pickup” from PickupTrucks.com
- “Automotive Excellence” award in the Workhorse Category from Popular Mechanics
- “Top Safety Pick” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for its standard safety technology: Safety Canopy side curtain air bags and AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- “Residual Value” award from Automotive Leasing Guide (ALG) for retaining the highest percentage of its original price among 2009 full-size light duty pickups at the end of a conventional three-year lease, based on ALG projections
- Motor Trend's Truck Trend Top 5 Trucks from Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) for 2009 Ford F-150 Heavy Duty DeWalt Contractor Concept
“Accessory-Friendly Truck” Design Award from SEMA
For more information, including technical specifications, about Ford F-150 series, check out this link.