Ferrari FXX-K Evo Gets Down To Business At COTA

In terms of Prancing Horse-badged track tools, the next best thing after the SF71H Formula 1 single-seater is the FXX-K Evo. It’s an evolution of the FXX-K, itself based on the LaFerrari, and owning one is as crazy as the specifications it bears.
Ferrari FXX-K Evo 12 photos
Photo: Ferrari
Ferrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K EvoFerrari FXX-K Evo
Producing 75 percent more downforce than the LaFerrari, the FXX-K with the Evo kit sports a thumpin’ great rear wing, front bumper canards, and the slickest kind of Pirelli P Zero rubber available. The ominous-looking hypercar also happens to be extremely light. Ferrari didn’t go into detail, but it’s lighter than the non-Evo model, which tips the scales at a hatchback-rivaling 1,165 kilograms (2,568 pounds).

If you thought this is impressive, the drivetrain will leave you speechless. Here’s the lowdown: 860 horsepower coming from the 6.3-liter V12 at a screaming 9,200 rpm, 750 Nm (553 pound-feet), and additional get-up-and-go from an electric motor. All in all, you’re looking at 1,050 horsepower and 900 Nm (730 pound-feet).

Blistering is an understatement in the case of the FXX-K Evo, which also happens to sport massive brakes (398x223x36 millimeters up front, 380x253x34 millimeters at the rear). Weight distribution isn’t perfect, however, with Ferrari quoting 41 percent at the front and the remaining 59 percent weighing down on the rear axle.

After taking the veils off the FXX-K Evo at the end of October 2017, Ferrari took the newcomer to the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, for its first public outing on the track. Taken together, the cars of the XX programs deployed at the Ferrari Racing Days last weekend total in the ballpark of 20,000 Italian horsepower.

The FXX-K Evo also features an optimized steering wheel and improved electronics. Regarding the latter, Ferrari is utmost proud of the telemetry system, which shows data on the high-definition display inside the passenger compartment.

That’s how the Prancing Horse rolls, though, because there’s demand for such specialized vehicles and there’s profit to be made on the back of those well-to-do people who want the best Ferrari is capable of offering.

Video thumbnail
If you liked the article, please follow us:  Google News icon Google News Youtube Instagram X (Twitter)
About the author: Mircea Panait
Mircea Panait profile photo

After a 1:43 scale model of a Ferrari 250 GTO sparked Mircea's interest for cars when he was a kid, an early internship at Top Gear sealed his career path. He's most interested in muscle cars and American trucks, but he takes a passing interest in quirky kei cars as well.
Full profile


Would you like AUTOEVOLUTION to send you notifications?

You will only receive our top stories