You know, these are the guys who like to strap a twin-turbo kit to the back of your Ferrari or Lamborghini and then create sexy photoshoots with the rear fascia stripped, allowing us to see the forced induction greatness.
The company has recently got its hand of a Ferrari 458 Italia and was more than happy to start paying with it. The tuner brags that it doesn’t offer off-the-shelf turbos, but comes with custom ones. The 458 project is still in the development stage, with the final output expected to exceed 1,000 hp.
Here are the basic components for an Underground Racing typical twin-turbo system:
- Custom twin 76mm turbochargers
- Turbo race headers
- 2 TiAl billet wastegates
- 2 TiAl billet blow off valves
- Custom Air / Air Intercooler
- All exhaust tubing is constructed of high quality, high flow, mandrel bent stainless steel
- All exhaust tubing is coated with an ultra high temperature matte black ceramic coating that can withstand extended exposure to exhaust gas temperatures of 1700 degrees
- All air intake tubing is constructed of high quality, high flow, mandrel bent stainless steel and show polished to a mirror finish
- Premium quality high pressure T-bolt clamps are used for intake pressure tubes
- Premium quality V-band clamps are used for exhaust connections
- EBC Electronic Boost Controller
- Custom heat shielding