The organisers want to put an end to the ‘myth’ that eco-friendly cars are slow and boring, so the brand new eco car show team has designed the paddock to show off a range of exciting, sporty and stylish green supercars.
Included in the line-up will be the Bluebird Electric, fresh from its British Electric Land Speed Record attempt in South Wales as well as the Tesla Roadster, the first highway capable electric car in serial production.
The list of featured models includes:
- The Delta Motorsport E-4 Coupe, which has a driving range of 200 miles on a single charge;
- The superfast Evelio, which can do 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds;
- The Lightning GT which produces 700 HP;
- The Nemisis Electric Sports Car, built entirely in the UK
- The Westfield Sport E, which can reach 100kph in just 7 seconds.
EcoVelocity will be hosted between September 8th and 11th at the Battersea Power Station and will also feature the latest green models, including electric, hybrid and low CO2-emitting cars, as well as providing test drives on a specially-constructed circuit in the shadow of the famous power station.
Market leading brands attending the event include Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Renault, SEAT, Vauxhall, Volvo, Toyota, Lexus and Mia Electric.