Celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of Chevrolet, the brand that currently sells models on a wide range of segments prepared a very special version of the Z06. Called Centennial Edition, the model comes with all the 'Vette finest technologies behind it, attempting to snatch enough money at the auction to meet the needs of the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer.
First off, the Centennial Edition will be the 100th 2012 Corvette to come off the assembly line, wearing the vehicle identification number ending in “00100.” Special badges that signify Chevrolet’s racing history (graphic logo featuring an iconic image of Louis Chevrolet on the B-pillars, the center caps of the wheels, and the center of the steering wheel and embossed centennial logo on the seat headrests) complete the range of elements that identify the model as a special one.
Based on the 3LZ model with the Z07 performance package, the Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition comes equipped with the following features:
- Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Power-adjustable and heated seats
- Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
- The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
- Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
- CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
- New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition