However, General Motors assures that the Caprice PPV is ready to give its best of the 6.0-liter V8 engine that develops 355 horsepower (265 kW) and 384 lb-ft of torque (521 Nm). Furthermore, the cars are equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission, especially calibrated for police duty, as Chevrolet said, so the 0-62 mph acceleration takes less than six seconds.
The aforementioned settings have been applied through the Performance Algorithm Liftfoot (PAL) calibration, which better helps the transmission detect the necessary setup and response accordingly.
Other vehicle highlights include the following:
- Standard driver information center in the instrument cluster with an oil life monitor and selectable “Trap Speed” feature that captures speed with tracking/pacing other vehicles
- Available auxiliary battery operates police equipment so that the main battery doesn’t get run down. This can help reduce officer downtime and ensure that they don’t become stranded in a potentially unsafe situation.
- Standard analog 160-mph certified speedometer, with 1-mph increments
- Standard “stealth mode” for exterior and interior lighting
- Standard trunk release button mounted on the instrument panel
- Available headlamp/taillamp flasher system
- Available left hand spotlight
- Available roof hole (center or passenger side) for light bar
- Available disabled rear interior door locks and handles.