BMW Welt Announces Record Number of Visitors for 2013

BMW Welt 1 photo
Photo: BMW
2013 was a good year both for sales and for museums in Munich. I’m talking about THE ONE true BMW museum in the world, the BMW Welt.
Last year, the iconic building received no less than 2.93 million visitors, setting a new record since starting its operations back in 2007, becoming Bavaria’s top attraction in the process.

All this attention couldn’t’ve been overlooked by German institutions and the Welt was named Germany’s best design location in the 2013 Location Awards, while master chef Bobby Brauer and his team earned a Michelin star and 18 points in the Gault Millau guide for the “EssZimmer” restaurant.

“2013 was a year of new records, premieres and unique exhibitions for BMW Welt. Our expanded brand worlds, new and established event formats and gourmet restaurant “EssZimmer” delighted more guests than ever. And again, this year, visitors from around the world can expect to enjoy unique and fascinating experiences at BMW Welt,” according to Thomas Muderlak, head of BMW Welt.

40 percent of the visitors came from around the world, especially US, Russia and Asia, while the remaining 60 percent came from Germany. The most interesting statistic, though, is that over 40% of last year’s visitors were here for the second or third time.
If you liked the article, please follow us:  Google News icon Google News Youtube Instagram

Would you like AUTOEVOLUTION to send you notifications?

You will only receive our top stories